Sunday, August 19, 2007

Prepping for finals....

So its been awhile....Now I understand all those bloggers who feel guilty about not writing entries as frequently as they would like. Since I last wrote, mid-terms came and went. The grades on my midterms were nothing to write home about, I'm solidly surfing the curve, which means I should end up with a B+ average. We had midterms in accounting and economics. The management course did not have a midterm or final, but we submitted 3 papers during the term, one worth about 40% of the final grade, the infamous FAP (field application project). I am now studying for finals. I have two finals on Saturday. I'm looking forward to getting them over with. Then I'll be heading the the beach the following weekend for labor day and a well deserved rest with the wife and kids. Also I finally broke down and bought a laptop for school. Not sure that I really needed one since I could have used my work computer. But I didn't like the idea of storing MBA work on the laptop from work. Anyhoo, I bought an HP pavillion dv6000 with the Turion 64 bit processor, 2G RAM, 15 inch widescreen. Also bought MS-office 2007 student cheapo version. Office 2007 is really different. Has take me a while to get used to. Also picked up a new phone for work. So I'm feeling the gadget love lately...

I am feeling a little nostalgic. First semester is almost done, that means I'm 1/6 completed the the program. But also, about this time last year, I wondering where I would be studying. I was also in the middle of studying for the GMAT and wrapping up the first drafts of the MBA applications for emory and wharton. My how time flies. Carpe Diem!

No comments: