Monday, June 25, 2007

first midterm and paper out of the way....

I've been loath to add a blog entry lately. The reality is, I just have not had time. During, my typical day I was getting up a little early to do some reading or homework (I work better in the morning). Then it was off to the office for some mayhem. Get home, have dinner with my family, play with my kids, put my kids to sleep. Talk to my wife. Then maybe read for a little bit if I didn't doze off to sleep first. The reason? We had our first mid-term and a management paper due this past weekend. The midterm was accounting, and the paper was for the management class. I think I did alright in both. But then again...we will see. A tip for those who are planning to attend next year. Try to get ahead in accounting...if you can do all the reading and the text book problems before you arrive on campus, you should be in great shape going in. And fight like hell to stay ahead. If you are really keen, you should also be able to hash out a rough draft on the management paper before school starts.

Overall, I'm feeling pretty good about school. To be honest, I feel energized when I get back from classes. When I am not in class I feel like I'm living this parallel life that moves a little faster than the rest of my life. The net effect is that I feel the personal growth that is happening. One of my favorite things about the weekends I am in schools is the conversations that I have with my fellow classmates. The variety and experience of the people in the class is refreshing. On the other hand, I sometimes wonder if its just a reflection of the monotony that can occur naturally in a career where you work in the same industry, same products, at only 2 different companies for the last 10+ years. Yeah. Thats probably it. All kidding aside, I enjoy meeting the different folks I get to see every two weeks.

What I'm reading. Cases, cases, and more cases...not much in terms of joy reading for fun lately. Although, I did get the latest Wired Magazine today in the mail. will dig in to that soon.

What I'm playing: Mario Party 8 for the Nintendo Wii (Awesome console by the way). Need to unwind somehow. Plus it gets me daughter points with my 8 year old.

No comments: